Physical Therapy got Canceled
Oct. 12th, 2026 11:20 pmMy foot is still hurting but I went out walking on it anyways. I did a shorter-than-usual walk and it was ok although I felt a bit sore at the end and took the shuttle home instead of walking back. It felt like walking helped stretch out the muscles a good bit and I was able to resume standing for most of the day once I got home, which surprised me a bit.
My physical therapy appointment got canceled. I was glad because I didn't want to go. I'm not sure I'll feel the need to go at all but I at least need more time so I can tell whether my treatment is working well enough. I've had a couple more muscle seizures but I was again able to continue getting up with only mild/moderate pain in my inner thigh area. When I do the stretching exercise, I feel as if my muscles are never "finished" stretching. I don't know what "finished" stretching feels like but I do feel as if I could and maybe should keep stretching for longer than I do.
My new shoe heels arrived today. They are too thick but I'm going to make do with them. I'm waiting for the shoe glue to set. Maybe I will try sanding down the rubber patch.
The va work compensation person has not responded to my email. I got an automated email response about him going on vacation starting tomorrow. I sent the email on Thursday. Goddamned government employees are always on leave.
I had been anxious about finding a job in Taiwan but today while looking at the government employment site I remembered that I just need to focus on saving up a few thousand dollars, getting my passport, and applying for a chinese study visa in the near future. I can look for a job when I'm there, and that'll be much easier than trying to find one from here. So I feel a bit more relaxed.
My study of mandarin is going very well. I feel as if my aural comprehension and even my ability to speak has improved a ton in just the last week because making presentations gives me so much exposure to the language that what I'm studying quickly becomes easy to understand. Reading outdoors the same text I'm making presentations with helps a ton, however. So does listening to the same podcast while I'm out walking. I'm no longer worried about my mandarin level being good enough to begin living in Taiwan. I could use a lot more vocab but it'll come in time; I can't rush it.
I'm about ready to give up on finding a remote job. All the remote jobs involve things I'm either not qualified to do or unwilling to do. Unwilling in the sense of finding them borderline unethical or unhealthy. I don't want to help "ai" advance any more than it already has. I don't want to help anyone sell any more crap that people don't need. I don't want computer usage to become more widespread; I want society to de-industrialize somewhat. I don't want to be on mainstream social media, especially not to market shit to people.
I thought it would be great to find a job that aligns with my political interests, but even the feminist job board is filled with either customer service type jobs, senior level something type jobs, or social media marketing jobs. What has the world come to that we need to market feminism on social media.
I want a job that does not require me to be online at all. This is a problematic desire given that remote jobs suit my situation so well. Hopefully I can find something local or something that's remote in the sense that I'm just emailing work instead of having to continually be on the Internet. Wait, that makes no sense because I'd be using the computer whether I'm connected to the internet or not. I'm tired.
I spend too much time on the computer already. Studying on the computer + working on the computer probably wouldn't be good for me. And I feel so good sitting outside in the sunshine that I want more of that. post-mood:tired