Still sitting
Oct. 10th, 2026 11:11 pmMy foot felt better this morning but started to hurt again once I got up for the day. I didn't sleep last night so my recovery isn't going well. I needed water and groceries so I took one of my bikes instead of walking.
Riding was uncomfortable because I took a kid's bike. A couple years ago, some lady had been putting her son's unused bike at the curb to give away just as I was walking through the neighborhood. I was super lucky because I'd missed the last intercity bus and was on my way to walking back home.
I spent more than I'd intended but I'm not going to worry about it. I eat almost nothing now so running out of food is a lot less likely. (It takes me a whole month to get through a single bag of rice, which is amazing.) I worry about affording a decent variety of food rather than affording enough. In the back of my mind, however, is the possibility of having to worry about affording enough again once I get to Taiwan, where I won't be able to rely on foodstamps. I've heard from several sources that food is cheaper there, but I think those people were talking about ready-made food rather than groceries.
Oh! Almost forgot. One hundred eighteen and a half pounds on the scale this morning, exclamation mark. And I was constipated, so I may have already reached my goal of one hundred seventeen. But there's still too much fat on my rear end, so I'm going to keep dieting. Even just one more pound of fat would make a huge difference in my physique. It's kind of amazing that I kept losing weight while snacking so much, especially on nuts and dates, which are high-calorie.
The presentation software that I got set up with so little effort started asking me for a product key a couple of days ago. The shit accesses the internet without my permission. I'm not going to give the development company my email address for a product key, so I looked for another way to create multimedia presentations. One piece of softare doesn't allow audio and the other is super difficult to use, a wrist killer. I'm not quite back to square one with my search for a new study routine. Or maybe I am and I haven't fully come to see it.
I'm very unproductive here on the floor. My body is not used to sitting for long periods of time any more and the sitting makes my lower back hurt. post-mood:in pain. again!