Summer is over
Oct. 9th, 2026 11:13 pmFinally slept more normally. To keep my feet warm, I had to close the bedroom window, which I didn't want to do because the cool air helps with my night sweats. I wonder why the hell menopause involves hotflashes and night sweats. What do those things have to do with stopping menstruation.
My foot felt better so I tried to go out walking. Exercising too little feels bad. I didn't even make it to the end of the block. The pain quickly worsened and I had to return. I ended up limping. I hope another minimally decent night of sleep will get me back to normal.
At dinner I managed to do something that had seemed impossible: I ate too much (many?) veggies. I had a bowl full. I feel stuffed to the point of painfulness. Shitloads of veggies is a decent strategy for undereating without hunger, but I still had a few nibbles of fruit later on.
Summer is over. I tried to sit outside and read but it was too chilly for the shorts I had on and my foot hurt too much to come back out to my spot in the sunshine after putting on some pants. I'm missing walking in the nature preserve already. We have another nice place with nature trails in town but I like having a choice between the two. It keeps the walks from being boring. post-mood:in pain