Buncha random shit
Oct. 6th, 2026 11:17 pmAgain I've reached the point at which I'm walking so much each day that I need to sit the rest of the time to allow my feet to recover. I don't like it; I prefer being at my standing desk.
I love it when grocery day lines up with my day off weightlifting. Tomorrow is the day and I'm looking forward to buying a ton of veggies.
Instead of duct tape, I bought shoe glue at the hardware store yesterday during my morning walk. I don't have anything to glue over the holes in the bottom of my shoes, however. I found some old bark while exploring the deserted mini-park behind the skate park this morning. I'm thinking I can try three layers of that. Not sure how well it'll hold up, however. It probably won't, actually.
The hairs growing out of my neck are driving me crazy but I cannot get a grip on them with my fingers and I don't want to use the pluckers, pincers, what're they called? to pluck them out because I used them to pull the tick out of my knee. I forgot to get a new pair at the dollar store.
Also driving me crazy is having to continually turn my living room fan on and off. Hotflashes. I'm super glad I grabbed this fan. It was being given away for free. I almost passed it up because I was still cold all the time back then.
One packet of my new undershirts arrived in the mail yesterday. I didn't try them on until today. They fit better than I'd hoped for, they provide quite decent support, but I'm afraid of what will happen once I wash them. The amazon reviews say they run slim, but I don't find that to be the case; it seems that they run a little short actually. If they shrink too much, I'll be right back where I was before: with a bunch of shirts I mostly cannot wear because I cannot stand the sensation of them riding up on my abdomen.
I'm insanely tired. If I don't get more sleep I won't be able to keep this diet up for long.
I finished my first presentation/podcast episode this evening, and I feel somewhat accomplished. It took me eighty-something slides. Before I'd finished it, I ran through most of it while on the treadmill this morning. It was a pleasant study experience. post-mood: sleepy